Saturday, October 22, 2011

Great and Bountiful Weekend!

In the past couple of weeks, I've written and erased three different posts. They were all complicated, and with lots of feelings and ideas of what kind of blogger I want to be, etc. But in the end, there's no need to figure out what kind of blog I want this to be - I just need to do it. Also, there's no need to label it. I just need to do what I want to do. And that's that. I can't believe I even wrote a whole paragraph on that. Let's get on to the fun stuff.


A couple of days ago, we got two packages in the mail. One was from Mike's aunts, and included the goodies in the picture above. Baking mixes, cookie cutters, sprinkles, etc. Also two caramel corn treats molded into the shape of a corn cob. How much is that going to hurt my teeth? I'll let you know.

On the same day, I got an amazing birthday package from my mom. She already bought me a purse and shoes, but she said she just wanted to send me a box full of little things that made her think of me. She's awesome, and thoughtful and everything nice.

When I was little, I watched the Smurfs all the time. I had this shirt that said "Smurfettes can do Anything!" (see her little note to me?) I wore the crap out of that shirt. I just spent 20 minutes looking to see if I had a picture of me wearing it, but my mom must have all of those pictures. Still, even if I had it, it wouldn't be as awesome as the hat my mom gave me.

My mom also included a boatload of other goodies - including White Chocolate M&Ms in candy corn colors;

and a copy of an audio book she "read" recently and really liked called, "The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen";



Jane Eyre, the movie (awesome!!) and Rango;

and finally, the treasure of all treasures.... Books! a book of Sudoku puzzles, as well as "The Book Thief" and "Water for Elephants."

All of that was enough to cheer me up, but then I finally got my new birthday dress in the mail (the one that is awesome, but my husband bought a size too small, so it had to be exchanged). Then today we went shopping and I got two new more dresses for work, and I'm so excited for work next week just because I get to wear new dresses all week.

I'm also excited about reading again. I've been kind of slacking in reading. I'm reading Frankenstein again for book club, and I tried reading some background information on Mary Shelley as well as the book itself, since I've read the book twice before. But it all seems so educational. I now have a stack of fun books that I'd like to get through.

I have read several books this year that I haven't yet reviewed or talked about here. I will get around to that soon. I guess.

Today is Dewey's Readathon. I was going to participate, and I still may do some reading this afternoon, but it always seems to fall on a day when I have other stuff planned. Obviously it's not too much of a priority for me. I do kind of wish I would have done it, though. I will have to do an unofficial readathon sometime soon.

I actually have nothing planned for tomorrow, so if I feel like it, I'll do some reviews and reading. Or else I won't. Whatever. No pressure. Blogs are supposed to be fun, not work.

No comments:

Post a Comment