Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Busy-ness as Usual

I know I haven't posted in quite awhile, but I've had a couple things going on lately, OK? For one thing, I've been moving. Which is exhausting. Especially when I have to work 10 hours, then come home and try to unpack. I think I finally know where just about everything is right now. Except all of my books.

I mean, I know that all of my books are in a giant stack of boxes piled up in the loft of my new apartment. But if I wanted to find a specific book, I would have a tough time of it.  I will forever be grateful for the friends who helped us move all those heavy boxes of books up three flights of stairs into our apartment, and then up another set of stairs up into the loft!

There are a lot of other big things happening in the world of Brooke, including craziness at work and my six-month review coming up, as well as a trip to New York next week to visit family and attend the first year birthday party of the cutest little girl in the world - my niece. Look at this face, and tell me you disagree! 


In my reading world, things are going pretty well.  I'm smack dab in the middle of the most recent addition to the Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde - "One of our Thursdays is Missing."  It's excellent, of course. He's so clever and funny and goofy. And British. What's not to like? 

I have a lot to gush about, so that post will be coming soon.  I waited awhile to read this one for a lot of reasons. I'm really glad I did, though, because coincidentally, the next book in that series will be out in October. Yay!  I don't care who you are, if you don't like the Thursday Next series, then you don't like books. I think I may have just come with the title of my next post. 


In addition, my book club picked The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes for our August read, and I'm excited to jump into that. I've always wanted to read it, so this is as good a time as any.  There is some early buzz from some of the group and it's mostly positive, so it looks like it's shaping up to be a good book club meeting. 

And speaking of clubs, if you didn't know about it, you should check out The Classics Club. I'm in the process of compiling my list - I have been for months. But now that there is a separate, official blog for it, I've become motivated to finalize my list and add my name to the long list of bloggers who are participating. The moderators have worked really hard and made an excellent site. You should really check it out and consider participating. I think at the top of my list will be Sherlock Holmes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment