Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Powell's August 2011


Well, I made my trip to Powell's Bookstore today like I do every time I come home to visit my family. My parents live on a 5 acre spread outside of Woodland, Washington, about 30 miles north of Portland. I used to live in Portland, and Powell's is like a second home to me - they have everything, and they have used copies of almost everything as well - except new releases, of course. They buy used books too, although I usually love my books too much to sell them back - even if they are often used and not very pretty.

Anyway, today I scored pretty well: 8 books for under $50. Here they are!



Starting from the back left and going clockwise:

1. The Princes in the Tower by Alison Weir
2. Her Husband: Hughes and Plath - A Marriage by Diane Middlebrook
3. Kerouac: A Biography by Ann Charters
4. Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy
5. The Snows of Kilimanjaro by Ernest Hemingway
6. Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe
7. Bloody Marry by Carolly Erickson
8. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

I'm not sure when I'll get around to reading all of these - in addition to all the books I have at home to read - but they'll go onto the TBR shelf when I get home. I can't wait to spend some good time reading this fall. I can't even tell you how great it feels to have no pressure on me right now. I have the pressure of finding a job, but that's really nothing compared to how much work I was doing before. It is going to be luxurious to only have a job - even if that job is a crappy Associate Attorney position that pays low and requires a lot of time. I am feeling good right now, and I'm going to ride this wave as long as I can!

I suppose I better get reading so that I can write some reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment