Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Checking In

Hello. I'm still alive. It turns out that having a full time attorney job means a lot less free time. Weird. I am happy with my job, though - I'm happy to have a job for one thing, but I'm also happy with the place I work. I work at a firm that specializes in elder abuse law. The cases are gut wrenching and sad, but it makes the work feel more important. I'm so happy I got in a Plaintiff firm rather than a defense firm.

As far as reading, I've been doing some. I got kind of stuck on a non-fiction book about the Tudors, which I'm still allegedly reading. I may or may not get around to reviewing it sometime soon. I like it, but it's not exactly riveting - both because of the writing, and because I already know so much of what is written.

I also read One Hundred Years of Solitude for my book club, and I really enjoyed that, even though it was also kind of hard to get through. Then I reread The Hunger Games in preparation for the movie (which was pretty darn good, IMO). Right now I'm reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter, and it's pretty sad. And our book club meets again in late April, so I've got to get on our next book - The Unbearable Lightness of Being.

I've also been watching a lot of TV lately - I mean, I always watch a lot of TV, but it seems like I've done a lot more than usual lately. That's probably because Mike and I watched the first three seasons of Sons of Anarchy over the past couple of weeks. It's way better than I was expecting. I think we'll wait til late summer/early fall to watch season 4, so that we can jump right into Season 5 when it begins airing in the fall. Also, a bunch of shows just wrapped up - The Walking Dead, House of Lies, Californication and Spartacus, and a bunch of new ones started - Mad Men, The Killing, The Big C, Nurse Jackie, The Borgias, Game of Thrones... There's just not enough time in the day for ALL THE THINGS.

So that's basically what's going on in my life - work, TV and books. I have a looooong list of books that I've read over the past 6 months or so that I haven't reviewed, so I could get on that. I planned to join Pinterest tonight and set up my boards and whatnot, but I didn't know I needed an invite, so there goes that plan. In the meantime, I guess I'll go work on the jigsaw puzzle I've been doing. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment