Friday, April 20, 2012

Dewey's Read-a-Thon, April 2012

This is just a quick, simple post to announce that I'll be participating in Dewey's Read-a-Thon tomorrow! This is my first time participating and I'm really excited. Alright, maybe not really excited, but I am interested to see how it goes. I do have book club next weekend and I didn't read that book yet, so this will be a good opportunity to try it out.

I'm not making any huge goals, and I'm going to keep my expectations low, but I'm going to try it out, see what works, and then maybe make adjustments for the October Read-a-Thon.

My basic plan is to run to the store in the morning and stock up on some snacks for the day, and then settle in. Mike has a class all day, so luckily I won't be ruining any plans to hang out with him. I certainly won't be starting at 5:00 a.m., which is when it all starts. I get up early every day during the week, and I'm going to sleep in. The books will still be there when I get up.

If it's nice out, I may ride my bike to the park to do some reading, or maybe I'll go out to lunch somewhere and eat outside and read. I do have some cleaning to do, and I have an audio book my mom gave me for my birthday last year that I could listen to while I do that.

But I do know that 24 full hours of reading is not going to happen. For one thing, I have a lot of work to do this weekend, and I can't leave all of it for Sunday - especially because I have plans to hang out with a good friend on Sunday. Also, I'm not going to stay up all night reading - I'll stay up late, but not all night.

So basically,the plan is to see how it goes, and just attempt to read a lot tomorrow. I'll do a few posts tomorrow to track my progress and maybe participate in some mini-challenges or memes. We'll see. The theme for tomorrow is to take it easy - something I almost never do in real life.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment