Saturday, April 21, 2012

Let the Read-a-Thon Begin!

Good morning! It's been slow going here this morning.  I'm up and I went to the store and ate breakfast, and now it's time to settle in to some reading.  I don't really have a stack of books that I'm choosing from, but I have a large bookshelf! 

I know I'm going to start off with The Unbearable Lightness of Being, by Milan Kundera.  Its my book club book for this month, and I haven't even really started it.  I doubt I'll want to read it all day, though, so I do have a few other ideas.

For one thing, I have a large stack of magazines that I haven't read yet - some Bookmarks, a couple New Yorkers, Elle, and some other randomness, so I'll be taking breaks with those.  For another option, I've got several other books around that would fit in with my TBR challenge, so I may go for one of those.

I do have to take a break for a few hours this afternoon to do some actual work, so that kind of sucks, but maybe it will break up the day.  There's a UFC fight on pay-per-view, so that will keep my husband occupied while I continue to read. 

I thought it was supposed to be nice today, but it seems kind of overcast and icky out right now, so I'll wait for a bit before I decide if I'm going to head to the part to read for a bit.  I'll try to post my progress throughout the day - I'll probably just make one post, and keep updating it.  For now, I'll leave you with this:

Introductory Questionnaire

 
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

Here are my answers:

1) I'm reading from my home in Huntington Beach, California!
2) I've been looking forward to The Unbearable Lightness of Being for quite awhile. Anyways, that's the only book in my stack right now.  Ha.
3) I bought some Mother's English Tea cookies.  It's my diet cheat day, and I couldn't be happier.
4) I've lived in 7 different states in the past 16 years.
5) This is my first read-a-thon, so I have no idea what to look forward to, other than the entire experience as a whole.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment